AZO Airport Construction Access and COVID-19 Information:
AZO Entrance Road Construction (Airport Drive, Winters Drive, Airview Blvd)
Beginning August 8th, AZO will be working on the entrance road (Intersection of Winters Drive/Portage Rd) During time of construction, entrance to the airport will be accessible through Airview Blvd.
Area Road Construction (I-94 / Kilgore Road)
As Winter comes to a close work will continue in earnest on the I-94/Portage Road intersection project. Significant progress is being made. Here is a description and update of the project.
- Widening of I-94 from Lovers Lane to Sprinkle Road — the project widens the interstate to three lanes in this area. The project also removes the Kilgore Road bridge and the removal of the “Michigan Left” at Portage Road. Detailed project information can be found on MDOT’s Project Page.
- Kilgore Road is now open to traffic in all directions (17 November)
- Access from Portage Road to EB and WB I-94 is blocked. Follow detour signs for the best directions.
Portage Road Construction
The east half of Portage Road reconstruction is underway. This reconstruction at the intersection of Kilgore Service Road will require an intersection closure. The closure of the intersection of Portage Road and Kilgore Service Road is expected to last just over two weeks, through April 30. The Kilgore Service Road detour will follow Portage Road south to Romence Road, then east to Sprinkle Road, and back north to Kilgore Road. Work is weather dependent and the schedule is fluid. For more information go to MDOT’s Project Page.
Updated: 19 April 2022
As the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport enters post-COVID operations. Our primary focus is on the health and safety of our employees and passengers.
Our plan will support the CDC, State and other health expert recommendations for helping to keep people safely distanced and to protect everyone from the spread of COVID-19..
Updates this week (04/19/22) include:
- The federal mask mandate ended on 18 April. Masks are not required while at the Airport. For airline specific information please check with American Airlines and Delta Air Lines for their specific policies.
- Arriving and departing passengers as well as members of the general public can receive a COVID-19 test in the Airport terminal. In March 2021, Optimed opened a COVID-19 testing facility within the airport terminal. It is located on the main floor adjacent to the baggage claim area. Visit www.covid19azo.com to schedule an appointment.
- s while on board the aircraft. For details please check the individual airline’s website.
- Updated April 19th – Airlines are continuously updating flight schedules to adjust for their ongoing pilot/crew shortage. For a status on today’s flights visit our Arrivals & Departures page.
- American Airlines is offering twice-daily service to their Chicago O’Hare hub.
- Delta Air Lines is currently serving their hub in Detroit. Nonstop Minneapolis is scheduled to return, but no date is yet confirmed.
- Do note that airlines serving AZO are making service adjustments throughout their entire network. The situation changes regularly. Please visit your airline for further, definitive information using the direct links below.
Messages and Information from Our Airline Partners:
Our airline partners are continually updating passengers through their websites. For the most up-to-date information, please follow the links below:
Rental Car Partners:
While they continue to be open, many of our rental car partners are operating on a reduced schedule. Please check with them ahead of time before coming to the airport.
Food and Bar Services:
- The Airport restaurant is open.
Want to minimize the amount of contact during your travel experience? There are a number of ways that passengers can reduce the risk of exposure while also enhancing the travel experience. Take a look below:
- Ditch the Paper Boarding Pass: Online check-in processes have become streamlined to the point where you can have a boarding pass shared right on your phone. No need to pass paper between agents or touching kiosks.
- Credit Cards and Touchless Payments: Using your credit card means that you’ll not have to take cash that’s been handled many, many times. Also, a number of vendors have touchless pay options that allow you to wave your wallet, credit card or phone.
- Bring Your Own Water Bottle: AZO has a water bottle filling station past security. Look for it by Gate 4. Save some money and take solace knowing that you’re the only one that’s handled the water bottle.
For additional questions, we encourage our travelers to review information from the following entities: