Community friendly flying at AZO is strongly encouraged. Cooperation with noise abatement, when able, is appreciated.
The Kalamazoo Airport is located in close proximity to noise-sensitive neighborhoods. Be a good steward of the aviation community by following the recommended noise procedures:
- Adhere to an 800° traffic pattern at the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport.
- Unless engine cooling dictates otherwise, utilize a maximum angle or maximum rate of climb speed for the first 1,000 feet of altitude to distance the aircraft from residual residential areas.
- Avoid landing from the north or departing to the north over the Milwood residential area unless weather, aircraft performance, pilot experience and familiarity, or company operations specifications necessitate otherwise.
- Propeller-driven aircraft should reduce prop RPM as soon as possible after take-off.
- Aircraft are asked not to operate over residential neighborhoods between the hours of 2100 and 0700 (local time).